The main goal of the NEOCYST consortium is to improve the clinical management and thereby the life quality of patients suffering from early onset cystic kidney diseases and their families.
This goal should be achieved by the following objectives
- comprising genetic and phenotypic description of early onset cystic kidney diseases
- establishment of genotype-phenotype correlations
- an improved understanding of underlying molecular pathomechanisms
- identification of disease specific marker proteins
- standardization of the diagnostic and therapeutic management by the establishment of standard of care guidelines.
As a consequence of the naturally limited number of patients, the mentioned objectives can only be reached by a multicenter approach linking genetic, clinical and molecular research expertise in an innovative way.